- “Total number of persons affected (including residents): TBD
- Total number of Maine residents affected: 41,397
- If the number of Maine residents exceeds 1,000, have the consumer reporting agencies been notified: Yes
- Date(s) Breach Occured: 08/23/2023
- Date Breach Discovered: 09/07/2023
- Description of the Breach:
- If other, please specify: Caesars was the victim of a social engineering attack on an outsourced IT support vendor that resulted in unauthorized access (on August 18, 2023) to Caesars’ network and the exfiltration of data (beginning on or about August 23, 2023), which Caesars subsequently confirmed (on September 7, 2023) included the personal information of state residents.
- Information Acquired – Name or other personal identifier in combination with: Driver’s License Number or Non-Driver Identification Card Number“
Read the filing here.